The wonders of Christmas gifting for oh so many wonderful teacher friends.
I very much care for my fellow teachers and wish I could buy them all the nice things in the world. Unfortunately, if I want to stay anywhere near on track to getting my trailer, I can’t go buy everything under the sun even if they deserve it.
The strawberry bread is fully finished and finally taste right. I was using olive oil instead of veggie oil because that what I had around. That had the unfortunate result of yummy bread followed with this slimy feeling on your mouth. So I ended up back at the grocery getting more supplies. Now I have tasty gifts to share with my fellow teachers.
Once I am in my trailer.. I think I will miss my kitchen. I get really into cooking around Christmas time and well… I’m just not sure that will be possible in a tiny trailer. So as a final hurrah for this year, I will be spending next week cooking way to many sweets and pushing them on my wonderful family and friends.
Wishing you all progress on your path and the ability to enjoy the journey.
Strawberry bread (a very sweet bread.. almost cake)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 20 oz frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1.25 cups veggie oil
- Defrost strawberries and heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Blend strawberries and all liquids together (I would mix but I don’t have a mixer =)
- mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix
- Pour mixture into Pre-floured cake pans
- Wait about 1.25 hours or until knife come out clean
- pull out and let cool
For a gift most people can enjoy without breaking the bank just get some colored cellophane and wrap little loaves of this up.